Newsletter subscription

Wearable Technology Community

Questions, Opinions, Tips, Rumors, current & coming solutions

Home Wearable Technology Community Connected sports & fitness The Shine: an elegant tracker

This topic contains 45 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by RED-DOLPHIN RED-DOLPHIN 49 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    RED-DOLPHIN
    RED-DOLPHIN
    Keymaster

Quick update on Misfit FLASH.

This tracker should arrive in Europe in 2015 (not earlier).

Early user like the device but some noticed something you may have to consider.

The Misfit app does not allow to switch to manual Sleep tracking when you are using Flash (instead of Shine) !

See screenshot attached and Misfit support explanations.

misfit flash sleep tracking issue

“…Unfortunately, the Flash only has automatic sleep tracking at the moment, which works only if you sleep at night. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and hope that you will stay tuned for our future updates.”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    RED-DOLPHIN
    RED-DOLPHIN
    Keymaster

Your CR2032 coin cell battery will last approx 4 to 6 month once installed in the Shine  (Misfit Wearables).

How easy is it to replace this battery ?

Check this video to see anyone can replace a battery every 6 month and enjoy an activity tracker  without requiring to plug it each day/week to recharge the battery.

RED-DOLPHIN
    RED-DOLPHIN
    Keymaster

FLASH will use the same app as SHINE according to

Misfit Wearables a répondu à votre commentaire sur sa photo.

Misfit Wearables
    19 septembre, 19:10

Hi Laurent – It uses the same Misfit app. This is just a new addition to our devices tab

https://www.facebook.com/MisfitWearables/photos/a.446230415396526.102417.431484566871111/839381832748047/?type=1&comment_id=839733222712908&reply_comment_id=841028869250010&offset=0&total_comments=68

RED-DOLPHIN
    RED-DOLPHIN
    Keymaster

Flash is the name of the new tracker invented by Misfit.

Clearly inspired from Shine but made of “cheaper” material.

Flash will also come in a choice of colors, made of robust plastic and maybe slightly bigger than Shine.

The new Flash has improved waterproof as it can now resist to pressure until 50m.

We are looking for a picture showing Shine and Flash next to each other to compare them better !

Attachments:
    RED-DOLPHIN
    RED-DOLPHIN
    Keymaster

Misfit has changed the design of its strap/bracelet.

I experienced losing one Shine device in the past because the plastic was too soft I think. Now with the new design I feel the risk is reduced.

RED-DOLPHIN
    RED-DOLPHIN
    Keymaster

new iOS app version 1.16.0 for Shine by MISFIT is now available.

It bring compatibility with MyFitnessPal very popular food tracking app.

Attachments:
    RED-DOLPHIN
    RED-DOLPHIN
    Keymaster

About distance tracking for each exercise, Shine is doing good and no so good (yet):

- each activity will be tracked, identified and you can edit it (like say you were plazing tennins or jogging) if app did not recognize it

- but for each, you will not see the distance covered but the points scored and how long you did the activity.

Like you I hope to get more sats details in the future app.

Connect with user profile red_dolphin in the Shine App so we can compare activity levels. 

lolog
    Participant

I would like to know if it would be possible to track of the distance for exercice. I.e., I would like to see the distance that I have run when I play to football (soccer), when I play to tennis or I swim.
    Too, I would like to know, if in the future, we could to see more statistics (not only calories).
    Thank you very much!
    Regards.
    Lolo

RED-DOLPHIN
    RED-DOLPHIN
    Keymaster

Here is an update about battery life with Shine (Misfit Wearables).

The good news: yes my battery did last 4 months.

The no so good news now: it stopped working 2 days with sending me any alert. 

It would be nice if the App would give info about battery level before it stops working.

RED-DOLPHIN
    RED-DOLPHIN
    Keymaster

Misfit Wearables has released the Android app version.

The minimum requirements should be no surprise:

• Android 4.3 minimum
    • Bluetooth 4.0 LE

If you can test it and share with us your feedback we would welcome you in RED-DOLPHIN Wearables Forum !

Attachments:
    RED-DOLPHIN
    RED-DOLPHIN
    Keymaster

New Misfit Wearables iOS App for Shine is released:

it gained 2.7MB in size, now 24.1MB … But most important it brings the long awaited social dimension.

Now Shine starts to catch-up with competition on the Social engagement, allowing you to connect with friends.

Check it out and let’s connect: our profile is red_dolphin and we are happy to join you and share our achievements.

Attachments:
    RED-DOLPHIN
    RED-DOLPHIN
    Keymaster

About Shine by Misffit Wearables:

Did you know that Shine can sync off line ?

it is an interesting feature when you think about it. I had on different occasions the issue with synchronizing my Fitbit on the go, and it would not work until I have internet access (wifi or 3G). Shine let’s you sync even without a connection.

RED-DOLPHIN
    RED-DOLPHIN
    Keymaster

Received today Black leather “bracelet” for the shine. The good news:

• with a hard “frame” to hold the shine device, you have much less risk to lose you device (indeed few of us experienced the loss of shine because the sport band was getting distorded letting the Shine fall
    • black leather gives a good impression, durability ? time will tell !
    • with leather band you experience wearing almost a watch

The “bad” news:

• not really a news as it was pre-announced by Msifit team, the leather band does not have this fancy and elegant locking mecanism like in watch (“boucle déployante” in french, what’s the name in english ?). It is a bit of a disappointment as you just end up having a old fashioned bracelet instead of something making your tracking device stand out from the crowd.
    • from a design point of view the leather band is ok, but it could look so much better if the leather part and the central part holding your Shine device would be matching 100%. It is no longer that elegant now (I think).

Suggestion ? Maybe in fact it would be interesting to have a sport band re-designed to integrate a more secured holder fot the device and keep the elegance of bracelet completely integrated with the holding part ? Any comments from other shine users ?  

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by RED-DOLPHIN RED-DOLPHIN.
    Attachments:
    RED-DOLPHIN
    RED-DOLPHIN
    Keymaster

Today new iOS app version 1.5.0 was released.

First there was a firmware update for the device, the the app came via the appstore.

- App is now ready to warn us when battery needs to be replaced (well I hope, not before end of December for me)

- better detection of wake up (for sleep activity), well here I hope Shine app improves for detecting sleep overall and in particular does not switches off sleep activity mode when it thinks you have stopped sleeping

weight of this new app is 21,4MB, not sure what was the size of previous updates ?

Attachments:
    RED-DOLPHIN
    RED-DOLPHIN
    Keymaster

availability update about the Leather Band for Shine by Misfit Wearables:

from Misft Support Team -

At the moment we’re finalizing the design and production with our factory, we’ve made several improvements which we hope to announce shortly”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.