September 16, 2014 at 21:51 #4101
Flash is the name of the new tracker invented by Misfit.
Clearly inspired from Shine but made of “cheaper” material.
Flash will also come in a choice of colors, made of robust plastic and maybe slightly bigger than Shine.
The new Flash has improved waterproof as it can now resist to pressure until 50m.
We are looking for a picture showing Shine and Flash next to each other to compare them better !September 12, 2014 at 09:09 #4092
Misfit has changed the design of its strap/bracelet.
I experienced losing one Shine device in the past because the plastic was too soft I think. Now with the new design I feel the risk is reduced.August 21, 2014 at 16:42 #4064
new iOS app version 1.16.0 for Shine by MISFIT is now available.
It bring compatibility with MyFitnessPal very popular food tracking app.July 15, 2014 at 10:03 #4038
About distance tracking for each exercise, Shine is doing good and no so good (yet):
- each activity will be tracked, identified and you can edit it (like say you were plazing tennins or jogging) if app did not recognize it
- but for each, you will not see the distance covered but the points scored and how long you did the activity.
Like you I hope to get more sats details in the future app.
Connect with user profile red_dolphin in the Shine App so we can compare activity levels.July 15, 2014 at 09:00 #4031
I would like to know if it would be possible to track of the distance for exercice. I.e., I would like to see the distance that I have run when I play to football (soccer), when I play to tennis or I swim.
Too, I would like to know, if in the future, we could to see more statistics (not only calories).
Thank you very much!
LoloFebruary 23, 2014 at 16:58 #3798
Here is an update about battery life with Shine (Misfit Wearables).
The good news: yes my battery did last 4 months.
The no so good news now: it stopped working 2 days with sending me any alert.
It would be nice if the App would give info about battery level before it stops working.December 2, 2013 at 16:38 #3548
Misfit Wearables has released the Android app version.
The minimum requirements should be no surprise:
- Android 4.3 minimum
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE
If you can test it and share with us your feedback we would welcome you in RED-DOLPHIN Wearables Forum !November 28, 2013 at 11:19 #3540
New Misfit Wearables iOS App for Shine is released:
it gained 2.7MB in size, now 24.1MB … But most important it brings the long awaited social dimension.
Now Shine starts to catch-up with competition on the Social engagement, allowing you to connect with friends.
Check it out and let’s connect: our profile is red_dolphin and we are happy to join you and share our achievements.November 22, 2013 at 14:11 #3522
About Shine by Misffit Wearables:
Did you know that Shine can sync off line ?
it is an interesting feature when you think about it. I had on different occasions the issue with synchronizing my Fitbit on the go, and it would not work until I have internet access (wifi or 3G). Shine let’s you sync even without a connection.November 14, 2013 at 10:00 #3459
Received today Black leather “bracelet” for the shine. The good news:
- with a hard “frame” to hold the shine device, you have much less risk to lose you device (indeed few of us experienced the loss of shine because the sport band was getting distorded letting the Shine fall
- black leather gives a good impression, durability ? time will tell !
- with leather band you experience wearing almost a watch
The “bad” news:
- not really a news as it was pre-announced by Msifit team, the leather band does not have this fancy and elegant locking mecanism like in watch (“boucle déployante” in french, what’s the name in english ?). It is a bit of a disappointment as you just end up having a old fashioned bracelet instead of something making your tracking device stand out from the crowd.
- from a design point of view the leather band is ok, but it could look so much better if the leather part and the central part holding your Shine device would be matching 100%. It is no longer that elegant now (I think).
Suggestion ? Maybe in fact it would be interesting to have a sport band re-designed to integrate a more secured holder fot the device and keep the elegance of bracelet completely integrated with the holding part ? Any comments from other shine users ?
November 12, 2013 at 21:52 #3428
- This reply was modified 10 months ago by RED-DOLPHIN.
Today new iOS app version 1.5.0 was released.
First there was a firmware update for the device, the the app came via the appstore.
- App is now ready to warn us when battery needs to be replaced (well I hope, not before end of December for me)
- better detection of wake up (for sleep activity), well here I hope Shine app improves for detecting sleep overall and in particular does not switches off sleep activity mode when it thinks you have stopped sleeping
weight of this new app is 21,4MB, not sure what was the size of previous updates ?October 14, 2013 at 13:51 #3263
availability update about the Leather Band for Shine by Misfit Wearables:
from Misft Support Team -
“At the moment we’re finalizing the design and production with our factory, we’ve made several improvements which we hope to announce shortly”October 1, 2013 at 11:10 #3154
Are you using Shine for sleep tracking ? What is your experience so far ?
See attached graph I got today. I am comparing this data with measurements from Beddit device:
- sleep time 6:07 is the same on both
- deep sleep on shine is overestimated: 4:20 is a combination at least of REM and Deep sleep (as my real deep sleep was only 49 min last night)
Shine does not indicate (yet ?) how long it took for you to fall asleep, nor do you see a week view/stats on your sleep data.October 1, 2013 at 10:49 #3152
at last Quiet Sync is now fixed with version 1.3.0 on iOS
each time you start the app, now quiet will actually do something and sync your recent activities.
Some other changes were also included in this release, let see if some of them are significant by using new app for a couple of days.September 18, 2013 at 17:01 #3067
Just test new App version 1.2.0 for iOS
Shine by Misfit Wearables has made few changes:
- device synchronisation automated during app launch !
well not really happy with this feature yet, it worked for a Shine “firmware” update, but does not seem to work for a normal sync in automated mode ?
- in Setup menu: indicate where you wear your device
this should provide improved algorithm to measure and analyze activity (as I mentioned in some previous posts, measurement vary depending on how/where you where your Shine). So Misfit Team is listening and tuning their app.
- new Sleep graph (test to come later, not yet bed time here)
- improved distance calculation (to be investigated what has changed)
PS: Something interesting anyway about Sync of the device, you can Sync your shine with iPhone or iPad even if you do not have internet connection. This is a advantage compared to Fitbit for example where Internet is required in order to sync your device.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.